Saturday, April 4, 2009

Featuring CakeBoxCookies!




Say hello to Kelli of CakeBoxCookies! We recently did an informal interview with Kelli on our Team site. Read on to get to know her a little better! Go to her SHOP to order her delicious cookies/works of art!




Where did you learn to decorate such beautiful cookies? How long does it take to decorate a dozen?

I am self taught. I read books and articles and practiced a lot! I was really obsessed with getting good at icing for about a year. I took one Wilton cake decorating class but that was actually more recently.

I don't keep really good track of my time, because I'll do the flood work (base layer) on one group of cookies, move on to another, then come back and do the detail work. If I had to guess, I would say I spend close to an hour per dozen, depending on the detail work and the amount of icing colors involved.

Why Cookies over another kind of baking?
I love to bake and cook all kinds of things, but baking cakes (or anything leavened) was really frustrating here in Reno because of the high altitude. At some point I became obsessed with decorated cookies. They appeal to me because they combine my love of art and color and food.


What is your favorite design?

I try not to play favorites! lol I have to say I do like my ice cream cone cookies - they are fun to do and everybody loves them.



What's your favorite thing to do just for YOU!?
My favorite thing to do for me is to go to the salon for a hair cut or mani/pedi or the spa for a facial or massage. Or even just to go on a long walk by myself. Anything I do just for me and alone.

What do you do to relax?

I love to take long hot baths to relax - with a good book or magazine.

What is your favorite main course and dessert?
I love to eat, so picking a favorite is hard. I do love a perfectly cooked prime grade rib eye steak. Enough can't be said about a wonderful roast chicken either. As for dessert, probably my bourbon bread pudding - omg, so good.

1 comment:

Gioia Made Soap said...

Very beautiful and lovely colours!